We are excited to announce some changes to our group to better ensure that we continue fulfilling our mission of preserving and sharing historical information posted by our members. We have gone through a mini-rebranding process to better reflect the nature of our group, a group driven by its members. We now view this more of a collective history project aimed at preserving history, culture and heritage of the great people of Kenya. To that end:
- We have a new logo to show our transition to an all-encompassing Kenya History Project.
- We now have a standalone Facebook Page (@254History) away from the info254.com Facebook page. This will serve as the official page of the Kenya History project. We will use this page to highlight Kenya history books, publishers and resources in the web.
- We now have an independent and standalone and most importantly non-commercial website: history254.com away from info254.com. The website will serve as an archiving tool with extended biographies and articles that can be both academic and non-academic.
- As in many Facebook groups, History254 is maintained by volunteers and kept going by content provided by other members. We are incredibly lucky and thankful to have members who have continuously provided us quality historical material that we continue to archive. In the near future, we are hoping to welcome more volunteer moderators to help ensure that only high-quality information is shared in the group.
- We welcome authors and guest bloggers who are interested in writing articles on History254.com. To ensure that articles are not used for commercial purposes, our articles are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- We will continue to promote unity within the group by uncompromisingly removing any material that is offensive, not factual or objective or aimed at dividing members or Kenyans in general. As always, we encourage robust but respectful discussions within our ranks.
- For any questions or suggestions, please contact us through our contact form.